Most people judge a facility based on its restroom cleanliness. Without proper cleaning care and sterilization, a restroom can contain an excessive amount of bacteria throughout the room. Bacteria can begin to build up on surfaces; Thus, creating bioburdens. Another thing to be aware of are odor issues that may occur if your restrooms aren’t being cleaned thoroughly.
Cross contamination of germs could be happening and you may not know it; Urine, bodily fluids, dirt and more! For example: (1) Someone touches the toilet handle. Then, turns off the light switch without washing their hands. (2) Somebody places their handbag on the restroom floor then places it on the sink counter. (3) Use of dirty mops, sponges, brushes etc. on restroom gadgets.
If you don’t sterilize your bathroom (entirely), bacteria and germs will continuously disperse throughout the space.
Avoid bioburdens from disseminating in your restrooms by hiring a professional cleaning company to service your bathrooms on a regular basis.
Here are some tips to stop the spread of bacteria bioburdens:
1. Wash your hands or wear new gloves before cleaning of the restroom.
2. Use clean cleaning tools: Sponges, mops, cloths, brushes. FYI: Mop heads can be full of all kinds of bacteria. Make sure they are cleaned before the restroom cleaning process.
3. Suggest placing hooks on backs of stall doors. Handbags, purses and other items can be hung while using the restroom. This will prevent floor germs from being spread onto these items.
4. Clean and disinfect: Floors, toilet bowls (inside and out), light switches, door handles, stall doors, countertops, sinks, faucet handles, etc.
5. Clean: Mirrors and stainless steel.
Remember to disinfect your restrooms on a nightly basis. Odors may occur if your restrooms aren’t being cleaned properly. Find the root of the problem and stay on a regular restroom cleaning schedule. Not only will the workers in your office appreciate it, but your visitors will respect the cleanliness and appearance of your facility.