Let’s face it, if you work in Massachusetts, you will most likely get slammed with snow throughout the long winter months. Brighten up your office, purify it’s air, and make it smell and look nice by following our 5 winter office cleaning tips.
- Disinfect daily. Why? Due to the amount of germs and sickness that is passed around during the winter season, you are more likely to catch a cold or the flu if you don’t clean. Think of how often light switches, door knobs, telephones, the copier and other heavily handled items in your office are touched (even during a single day)! The best disinfecting tool is a can of Lysol disinfectant and a cleaning cloth. Spray and wipe down all things in your office that are frequently touched.
- Keep a supply of “Wet Floor” signs handy. Boston is known for its’ snowy cold winter seasons. Avoid slips and falls by placing a “Wet Floor” sign in the entranceway of your facility. You can not risk having your employees and customers get injured. Stay safe and always use these caution signs.
- Track mats are a must! Place a track mat in your office entrance foyer. This will eliminate sand, salt and mud from being dragged throughout your facility’s floor surfaces.
- Schedule a carpet cleaning. Your office carpets may experience damage throughout Massachusetts’ dreaded snow storms. You will notice that salt and sand are tracked throughout your work. Rock salt and sand contain magnesium and calcium chloride which can cause carpet surface stains. If the salt goes untreated, it could potentially disintegrate the carpet’s fibers. It’s important to hire a professional janitorial service to clean your office carpets.
- Dust on a weekly basis. With your windows closed up, indoor pollutants are circulating within the air. Dusting at least once a week is beneficial because it prevents dirt and dust buildup. Use a feather duster to reach high surfaces: Ceiling fans, vents, walls, light fixtures and more.
Apple Corps, Inc. has been servicing Massachusetts’ offices and work facilities’ janitorial needs for 33 years. We can tackle any harsh winter season and keep your office bright, healthy and extra clean! Call us today for a free office cleaning quote at (781) 335-6900 or fill out our 3 minute quick quote form here: http://www.applecleaning.com/3-minute-quote/cleaning-quote-for-office-industrial-school-health-clubs-houses-of-worship.